Oxfordian College is offering Level 4 Diploma in Business (L4DB) which is a regulated qualification and marks the initial phase of the Business Degree program. This diploma holds equivalence to the first year of a business degree within the UK university system. It provides students with a comprehensive exploration of the diverse facets of international business in today’s global context.
Throughout the qualification, students will engage with both academic and practical elements across a broad spectrum of subjects. This inclusive approach enables them to acquire the essential knowledge and skills necessary for a successful career in business or for advancing their studies.
Upon successful completion of the Level 4 Diploma, students have versatile options. They can seamlessly progress to the Level 5 Diploma in Business (L5DB) offered at Oxfordian College, pursue further studies at a UK university, or enter the workforce, prepared to contribute to various areas of the business world. This qualification not only establishes a sturdy foundation for advanced studies but also equips students with practical skills and insights applicable in real-world business scenarios.
Students must study the following eight core units:
• Essentials of Management – covers the principles and functions of management. Students will be taught the key elements in planning and decision-making, and the significance of different controls required in an organisation.
• Fundamentals of Economics – covers fundamental economic theories and concepts which are applied in decision-making in a business environment. Students will gain an understanding of the economic environment and its effect upon business organisations and their markets.
• Communications for Business – gives an introduction to a wide range of skills for business professionals. Students will cover the production of various types of documents and presentations as well as the skills needed to communicate effectively in a business environment.
• Understanding Business Organisations – introduces the objectives, roles, functions and various forms of business organisations as they adapt to a dynamic and changing environment.
• Business Mathematics – covers a range of mathematical techniques and formulae to support business studies and develop the ability to make informed business decisions. Students will also be taught to present and analyse business data.
• Introduction to Finance – introduces the basic concepts and techniques of financial and managerial accounting. It considers the role of accounting in recording and reporting financial performance and in providing information to decision makers.
• eBusiness – explores a wide range of applications for eCommerce and the use of these in solving business problems. Students will learn about state-of-the-art technologies and their major impact on the business world.
• Principles of Marketing – examines the role and value of marketing in today’s increasingly competitive and dynamic environment. Students will practise marketing principles in order to analyse, plan and implement policies to achieve marketing and corporate objectives.
After your NCC Level 4 & 5 the following universities guarantee a place to NCC students.
▪ Bangor University
▪ Birmingham City University
▪ Carroll University
▪ Liverpool Hope University
▪ National College of Ireland
Applications may be subject to minimum entry requirements. Oxfordian College however provides guidance and counselling to its students for this exclusively.
In addition, students may choose to apply to other universities of choice. More information: https://www.nccedu.com/university-progression/